Curious About Cultured Veggies? This Complete Kit Makes Home Fermenting Easy:
- Veggie Culture Starter
- Ancient Earth Minerals Liquid
One of the most common questions we get at Body Ecology is: “I want to make cultured vegetables at home. Where do I begin?” This all-in-one Cultured Veggie Kit was created for just that purpose: to simplify home fermenting, whether you’re a novice or a beginner. Use this kit to take the first step toward greater vitality and stronger gut health.
Fermenting vegetables at home is a lot simpler than most people believe. Even better, eating cultured vegetables helps to regulate the appetite and maintain weight, improve digestion, alkalize and cleanse the blood, and resist infection. Eating cultured vegetables daily is at the cornerstone of The Body Ecology Diet.
Veggie Culture Starter - Ideal for pregnant women, ensuring a healthy birth canal for a newborn child who will rely on the mother to provide healthy bacteria. Children with autism and ADD benefit from the culture as well. Cultured vegetables help take away cravings for sweets, soft drinks, bread, pasta, dairy, fruit, and other expansive foods not allowed on the diet.
Ancient Earth Minerals Liquid - Help for acidic blood, constipation, low blood sugar, anxiety or hyperactivity, low energy, weight gain, poor digestive health, low immunity, and more symptoms related to modern mineral deficiency. Sadly, even a healthy diet may lack the necessary minerals to boost your energy, detoxify, and keep you feeling your best. Over-farming, chemical fertilizers, and the stripping of nutrients to make processed foods means that food -- even fresh fruits and vegetables -- are no longer what they used to be. Ancient Earth Minerals are the highest quality blend of humic, fulvic, micro and macro minerals, and amino acids.
EcoBloom - Food for the good bacteria in your gut. Help your microflora do their job by adding EcoBloom to fermented foods and drinks, salad dressings, and more. EcoBloom FOS may be just the prebiotic you need if you experience constipation, have finished taking a course of antibiotics, have a history of poor eating habits, are under constant stress, would like to aid your digestion, want to discourage swings in blood sugar, and want to maintain optimal liver function and cardiovascular health.
Access the tabs below to read about the products included in your Cultured Veggie Kit.
Veggie Culture Starter
- Non GMO
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
Please Refrigerate Once Received!Download Instructions PDF
Cultured foods have been an integral part of the healthiest diets for thousands of years and are essential to a long, healthy life. They give birth to a lavish inner ecosystem, building resistance to infections, and greatly enhancing digestion. They are ideal for appetite and weight control, very alkaline and cleansing to the blood.
Cultured Salsa Recipe
Donna Shows JJ Virgin How to Make Cultured Vegetables
How to Make Cultured Vegetables
Veggie Culture Starter is ideal for pregnant women, ensuring a healthy birth canal for her newborn child who will rely on her to provide healthy bacteria. Children with autism and ADD benefit from the culture as well. Cultured vegetables help take away cravings for sweets, soft drinks, bread, pasta, dairy, fruit and other expansive foods not allowed on the diet.
Research suggests that Lactobacillus plantarum has an ability to reverse gut disbyosis, like IBS, Crohn's Disease and Colitis.
Cultured Vegetable Starter contains the following beneficial bacteria:
- Lb. plantarum
- Pediococcus acidolactici
- Leu. cremoris
Each box contains 6 packets which can be used to make cultured vegetables, cultured whipped butter, and creme fraiche.
An Easy Beginner's Recipe
- 3 heads green cabbage, shredded in a food processor
- Several cabbage leaves
- 6 carrots, large shredded in a food processor
- 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 packet of Body Ecology® Veggie Culture Starter
- ½ cup warm (90°) water
- Dissolve Veggie Culture Starter with warm water. Add some form of sugar to feed the starter (try Rapadura, Sucanat, honey, Agave, or EcoBloom). Let the starter/sugar mixture sit for about 20 minutes or longer while the L. Plantarum and other bacteria wake up and begin enjoying the sugar. Put aside.
- Combine shredded cabbage, carrots, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Remove several cups of this mixture and put into a blender.
- Add enough filtered water to make a “brine” the consistency of thick juice. Add culture starter mixture from step 1. Blend well and then add brine back into first mixture. Stir well.
- Pack mixture down into a glass or stainless steel container. Use your fist, a wooden dowel, or a potato masher to pack veggies tightly.
- Fill container almost full, but leave about 2 inches of room at the top for veggies to expand.
- Roll up several cabbage leaves into a tight “log” and place them on top to fill the remaining 2-inch space. Clamp jar closed.
- Let veggies sit at about a 70° room temperature for at least 3 days. A week is even better. Refrigerate to slow down fermentation. Enjoy!
Ancient Earth Minerals Liquid
- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
Did you know that we have to eat significantly MORE food today to get the same nutrients our parents got in the past? It’s sad but true.
Over-farming, chemical fertilizers and the stripping of nutrients to make processed foods means that food – even fresh fruits and vegetables -- are no longer what they used to be.
"Government data from both American and the United Kingdom have shown that the concentration and range of essential nutrients in the food supply has declined in the last few decades, with double digit declines of iron, zinc, calcium, selenium and other essential nutrients across a wide range of foods."2
Today, it may come as no surprise that we are overfed and undernourished. When your body needs more food to get necessary nutrients, it is in effect, starving, even on higher quantities of food. And if you eat processed foods, which are stripped of most of their already low nutrient content, it’s no wonder obesity and fatigue are rampant these days.
No matter where you look, you can see evidence that Americans are losing energy. From coffee to energy drinks, even kids and teens are looking for a quick energy boost to get through the day.
What’s happened to our energy?
Our diet is simply deficient in minerals. Even a healthy diet may lack the necessary minerals to boost your energy, detoxify and keep you feeling your best. In fact, your adrenals, your body’s chief energy producer (along with your thyroid), need a constant supply of minerals. Minerals have a variety of functions. Here's a quick list of some important minerals and what they do in your body:
- Magnesium helps convert blood sugar to energy, and is the 'anti-stress' mineral.
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in your body; it initiates DNA synthesis, maintains bone health and strong teeth.
- Potassium maintains acid/alkaline balance in your blood.
- Zinc promotes proper nerve, immune and digestive health and boosts immunity.
- Phosphorous helps maintain heart regularity, provides energy and aids in metabolism of fats and starches.
- Minerals can even help you sleep better at night!
Here are some of the symptoms that mineral deficiencies can cause:
- Acidic blood
- Low blood sugar
- Anxiety or hyperactivity
- Low energy
- Low libido
- Weight gain
- Poor digestive health
- Low immunity
In fact, studies show that mineral deficiencies are at the root of every serious health problem. "How can I get enough minerals in my diet?"
For decades Body Ecology founder, Donna Gates, has been teaching about the importance of minerals to feed your adrenals and help your body heal. These days, most high quality mineral supplements come in liquid form, making them too difficult to use for your on-the-go lifestyle. Ancient Earth Minerals are the highest quality blend of humic, fulvic, micro and macro minerals and amino acids.
- Nourish your thyroid and adrenals
- Reduce the signs of aging
- Build immunity
- Chelate heavy metals
- Your Most Bio-Available and Detoxifying Source of Minerals
The fulvic and humic minerals (fulvic acid and humic acid) in Ancient Earth Minerals are compounds that act as mineral carriers and detoxifiers. Research results suggest that humic and fulvic acid complexes enhance mineral and trace element uptake, supporting the maintenance of mineral and trace element balances without harmful buildup in the body's cells.
Following dissociation of the minerals and trace elements delivered by the humic/fulvic acid complex, the residual humic acid/fulvic acid complex in Ancient Earth Minerals can chelate heavy metals along the intestinal tract, in turn reducing heavy metal burdens in the digestive system. The only way the human body can benefit from mineral nutrients is if they are available to be absorbed. Ancient Earth Minerals enhances this absorption process by enabling minerals to pass through cell membranes.
The average plant derived mineral is less than 0.00001 micron in size, conceivably the size of a red blood cell. The body is made up of 100 trillion cells that need constant mineral nutrients to support the energy level for healthy, vigorous life. The fulvic acid in Ancient Earth Minerals is the transporter to the body's cells and humic acid is the carrier of minerals, trace elements and amino acids.
Is your body starving?
Most people today are literally starving from mineral deficiencies, but you don’t have to be one of them. Nourish yourself with Ancient Earth Minerals and help your body reap the rewards of good health and well-being!
The Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Hudák A, Náray M, Nagy I, Molnár M, Gömöry I, Ungváry G. The favorable effect of humic acid based complex micro-element preparations in cadmium exposure. Orv Hetil. 1997 Jun 1;138(22):1411-6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9254361?ordinalpos=13&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
- Halweil, Brian. Still No Free Lunch: Nutrient Levels in the US Food Supply Eroded by Pursuit of High Yields. The Organic Center, September 2007. http://www.scribd.com/doc/3089295/Still-No-Free-Lunch-Nutrient-Levels-in-US-Food-Suply-Eroded-by-Pursuit-of-High-Yields
Minerals: Antimony, Barium, Beryllium, Bismuth, Boron, Bromine, Calcium, Carbon, Cerium, Cesium, Chloride, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Dysprosium, Erbium, Europium, Flourine, Gadolinium, Gallium, Gold, Hafnium, Holmium, Indium, Iodine, Iridium, Iron, Lanthanum, Lithium, Lutetium, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Neodymium, Niacin, Nickel, Niobium, Osmium, Palladium, Phosphorous, Platinum, Potassium, Praseodymium, Rhenium, Rhodium, Rubidium, Ruthenium, Samarium, Scandium, Selenium, Silicon, Silver, Sodium, Strontium, Sulfur, Tantalum, Thallium, Thorium, Tellurium, Terbium, Thulium, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Vanadium, Ytterbium, Yttrium, Zinc, Zirconium. Amino Acids: Alanine, Glutamix Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Serinine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine.
- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
If you're trying to build the population of fat-fighting, immune-enhancing good bacteria in your gut, you need to know about prebiotics and EcoBloom.
EcoBloom is food for the good bacteria in your gut. Help your microflora do their job by adding EcoBloom to fermented foods and drinks, salad dressings and more.
Prebiotics Help Probiotics
Prebiotics are simply food for the probiotics (good bacteria) in your gut.
Probiotics (or microflora) live in your intestinal tract and help you digest food, assimilate more nutrients, and fight the growth of bad bacteria and infections.
Prebiotics feed the probiotics. By providing the good bacteria and yeast with plenty of food to dine upon, pre-biotics allow the pro-biotics to multiply more rapidly.
Fermented foods and liquids provide an excellent way to add probiotics to your digestive tract.
If you also include prebiotics as a part of your healthy diet, you can make your gut FAR more attractive to the disease-fighting probiotics, encouraging them to flourish inside you as they help make you healthier and happier.
EcoBloom: The Prebiotic Superstar
The easiest and most versatile way to add prebiotics to your diet is by using EcoBloom.
EcoBloom is 100% natural powder chicory extract FrutaFit, Inulin (often called FOS). FOS is fructooligosaccharides, which serves as food for beneficial microflora.
In Europe, FOS is added to everything from mashed potatoes to baked goods.
At Body Ecology, we add EcoBloom to everything from fermented foods to beverages and salad dressings.
Take a look at all the benefits attributed to FOS as it helps promote the growth of the beneficial microflora that live inside you. You'll soon see why EcoBloom is an important part of your healthy diet.
EcoBloom FOS may be just the prebiotic you need if you:
- Experience constipation
- Have finished taking a course of antibiotics
- Have a history of poor eating habits
- Visit foreign countries where "travelers' diarrhea is a risk
- Are under constant stress
- Would like to aid your digestion and improve absorption of calcium
- Want to discourage swings in blood sugar
- Want to maintain optimal liver function
- Would like to maintain your cardiovascular health
- Need to maintain optimal immune function, especially in long-term care facilities or hospitals, where there is increased risk of bacterial infection.
EcoBloom makes a great addition to your kitchen because it is so versatile and so beneficial.
- Add EcoBloom to your fermented foods instead of sugar, to make them even more potent and healthy.
- Sprinkle EcoBloom into salad dressings, sauces or gravy add a silky-smooth texture.
- Mix your EcoBloom with any hot or cold beverage to add body and healthy benefits.
You need food for your body, but your body and your intestines need food for the immune-boosting bacteria.
Feed your beneficial bacteria with plenty prebiotic EcoBloom. Your pro-biotics will never go hungry again!
EcoBloom quickly boosts the growth of beneficial microflora. This suppresses the growth of pathogens, reduces toxins in the liver and colon and stimulates the immune system.
Research has shown FOS with beneficial bacteria reduce the pH of the colon thus enhancing mineral absorption, especially calcium.
Ecobloom is 100% natural powder chicory extract FrutaFit, Inulin (often called FOS). FOS is fructooligosaccharides, which serves as food for beneficial microfloral. 8 ounces.
Use EcoBloom in cultured foods instead of sugar. Cultured foods become more potent when EcoBloom is added to the mixture.
Sprinkle EcoBloom into salad dressings, sauces or gravy and improve their texture and "mouthfeel". In beverages it adds body.
Mix 1-3 scoops with kefir starter, cultured vegetable starter, or any hot or cold beverage. In Europe, FOS is added to just about everything including mashed potatoes and baked goods.