Please Remember, if your order contains MojitoBiotic,Cocobiotic, BeetBiotic, Dong Quai or InnergyBiotic to refrigerate these products before opening, and RELEASE CAP SLOWLY, using half turns, until pressure is fully released, then open and enjoy!
You might be familiar with traditionally cultured beets -- like beet kvass, the probiotic tonic that’s been enjoyed in Russia and Ukraine for centuries. What you may not know is that beets are making a comeback. Especially the fermented variety.
Beets, while delicious and nutritious, have been overlooked in our modern world. But as more research explores and confirms their benefits, expect to see them popping up everywhere, at your favorite restaurant or even on your dinner table. Fermenting solves the sugar problem -- a major concern for many -- neutralizing much of beets’ sugar content with the help of beneficial bacteria that take gut health to the next level.
Here are some of the biggest reasons to love Body Ecology’s BeetBiotic™:
- Extra-nutritious. A beet beats a banana when it comes to potassium levels. Beets are also rich in folate, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, zinc, and vitamins A and C.
- Energy-boosting protein. Fermenting naturally breaks down protein into amino acids your body can use. BeetBiotic™ is an easy-to-digest source of vegetarian protein.
- Blood pressure balancer. Diets high in certain fruits and vegetables, and beetroot juice, in particular, has been shown to potentially have a balancing effect on blood pressure.3
- Heart protective. COPD and heart failure patients supplementing beetroot have seen exercise duration increase.4 The COPD patients also had lower blood pressure.5
- Sports drink alternative - As good for your gut as it is convenient, BeetBiotic™ also helps hydrate and improve performance. Beetroot has helped elite cyclists finish faster.6
- Better overall health. Probiotics make robust health possible by aiding in digestion and nutrient uptake. They even help produce key vitamins, like B and K, for healing.7
What really makes beets so hard to beat is their exceptional nitrate levels.
Nitrates are natural chemicals your body converts into nitric oxide (NO), which works as a vasodilator. This explains beets’ profound effect on the heart and blood pressure. NO is also a big supporter of detoxification, lung function, and immunity.8,9 Not having enough NO can elevate your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol, erectile dysfunction, and diabetes.10-13
BeetBiotic™ has unbeatable benefits. You’ll get more than you bargained for with these ingredients:
- Organic beetroot - A reliable source of nitrates that is also alkalizing, i.e., soothing to your body, when fermented.
- Organic biodynamic brown rice - A high-protein brown rice made even more nutrient-rich through intuitive, biodynamic farming.
- Organic ginger - A spicy root used in ancient China and India for millennia, helping to ease nausea, aches, inflammation, infection, and even asthma.14
- Organic fennel seed - A medicinal seed, rich in nitrates and traditionally consumed in India, known to regulate blood pressure, appetite, and digestion.15
- Organic maqui berry - A powerful superfruit revered by indigenous Chilean people, offering support for the eyes, heart, gut, blood pressure, and inflammation.16,17
- Organic millet - A nutritious, high-protein "grain-like" seed that can help stabilize blood sugar and cholesterol.18
- Organic pulses - A high-protein blend of mung beans, chickpeas, and lentils made more bioavailable (and digestible) when fermented.
- Organic quinoa - A mineral-rich "grain-like" seed prized for being a complete protein (containing all nine essential amino acids).
Raw and cooked beets are brimming with good-for-you compounds and phytochemicals -- including betacyanin, the oxygen-promoting plant pigment that gives beets their bright-red color.
But fermented beets still can’t be beat, thanks to their low sugar content and potent probiotic profile. The sugar in raw beets can feed the opportunistic yeast candida, producing potentially harmful oxalates that may cause painful kidney stones to form. Fermenting breaks down the sugar in beets, and beneficial L. plantarum bacteria help degrade oxalates.
You don’t have to settle for less. Naturally fermenting beets helps preserve their nutrients and enhance their health benefits. Fermenting even cuts down on levels of antinutrients that can make it harder to absorb critical minerals. Beets cultured with superior probiotic strains like L. plantarum, L. acidophilus, and L. delbreukii are hardy enough to survive the trip through the digestive tract, successfully reaching and recolonizing their destination: your intestines.19
How to use: Aim to drink 2 to 3 ounces per day as a probiotic power shot, to support good gut health and for maintenance. Drink as needed and as desired throughout the day, and get creative: Mix BeetBiotic™ into a smoothie, mocktail or cocktail, mineral water, kefir, or salad dressing for an energy boost or to calm digestive troubles. Or use it to inoculate your next batch of cultured vegetables.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Di Cerbo A, Palmieri B, Aponte M, Morales-Medina JC, Iannitti T. Mechanisms and therapeutic effectiveness of lactobacilli. J Clin Pathol. 2016;69(3):187-203. doi:10.1136/jclinpath-2015-202976.
- van Baarlen P, Troost F, van der Meer C, Hooiveld G, Boekschoten M, Brummer RJ, Kleerebezem M. Human mucosal in vivo transcriptome responses to three lactobacilli indicate how probiotics may modulate human cellular pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Mar 15;108 Suppl 1(Suppl 1):4562-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1000079107. Epub 2010 Sep 7. PMID: 20823239; PMCID: PMC3063594.
- A. J. Webb, N. Patel, S. Loukogeorgakis, M. Okorie, Z. Aboud, S. Misra, R. Rashid, P. Miall, J. Deanfield, N. Benjamin, R. MacAllister, A. J. Hobbs, A. Ahluwalia. Acute Blood Pressure Lowering, Vasoprotective, and Antiplatelet Properties of Dietary Nitrate via Bioconversion to Nitrite. Hypertension, 2008; 51 (3): 784 DOI: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.107.103523.
- Andrew R. Coggan, Seth R. Broadstreet, Kiran Mahmood, Deana Mikhalkova, Michael Madigan, Indra Bole, Soo Park, Joshua L. Leibowitz, Ana Kadkhodayan, Deepak P. Thomas, Dakkota Thies, Linda R. Peterson. Dietary Nitrate Increases VO 2 peak and Performance but Does Not Alter Ventilation or Efficiency in Patients With Heart Failure With Reduced Ejection Fraction. Journal of Cardiac Failure, 2018; 24 (2): 65 DOI: 10.1016/j.cardfail.2017.09.004.
- Michael J. Berry, Nicholas W. Justus, Jordan I. Hauser, Ashlee H. Case, Christine C. Helms, Swati Basu, Zachary Rogers, Marc T. Lewis, Gary D. Miller. Dietary nitrate supplementation improves exercise performance and decreases blood pressure in COPD patients. Nitric Oxide, 2014; DOI: 10.1016/j.niox.2014.10.007.
- Rokkedal-Lausch T, Franch J, Poulsen MK, Thomsen LP, Weitzberg E, Kamavuako EN, Karbing DS, Larsen RG. Chronic high-dose beetroot juice supplementation improves time trial performance of well-trained cyclists in normoxia and hypoxia. Nitric Oxide. 2019 Apr 1;85:44-52. doi: 10.1016/j.niox.2019.01.011. Epub 2019 Jan 24. PMID: 30685420.
- Hill MJ. Intestinal flora and endogenous vitamin synthesis. Eur J Cancer Prev. 1997 Mar;6 Suppl 1:S43-5. doi: 10.1097/00008469-199703001-00009. PMID: 9167138.
- Sahiner UM, Birben E, Erzurum S, et al. (2011). Oxidative Stress in Asthma. World Allergy Organ J4, 151–158. https://doi.org/10.1097/WOX.0b013e318232389e.
- Tripathi P. Nitric oxide and immune response. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2007 Oct;44(5):310-9. PMID: 18341206.
- Ahluwalia A, Gladwin M, Coleman GD, et al. Dietary Nitrate and the Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disease: Report From a National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Workshop. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5(7):e003402. Published 2016 Jul 6. doi:10.1161/JAHA.116.003402.
- Velmurugan, S., Gan, J.M., Rathod, K.S., et al. (2016). Dietary nitrate improves vascular function in patients with hypercholesterolemia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr, Jan;103(1):25-38.
- Mark E. Sullivan, Cecil S. Thompson, Michael R. Dashwood, Masood A. Khan, Jamie Y. Jeremy, Robert J. Morgan, Dimitri P. Mikhailidis, Nitric oxide and penile erection: Is erectile dysfunction another manifestation of vascular disease?, Cardiovascular Research, Volume 43, Issue 3, August 1999, Pages 658–665, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6363(99)00135-2.
- Tessari P, Cecchet D, Cosma A, et al. Nitric oxide synthesis is reduced in subjects with type 2 diabetes and nephropathy. Diabetes. 2010;59(9):2152-2159. doi:10.2337/db09-1772.
- Townsend EA, Siviski ME, Zhang Y, Xu C, Hoonjan B, Emala CW. Effects of ginger and its constituents on airway smooth muscle relaxation and calcium regulation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;48(2):157-163. doi:10.1165/rcmb.2012-0231OC.
- Bae J, Kim J, Choue R, Lim H. Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) and Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) Tea Drinking Suppresses Subjective Short-term Appetite in Overweight Women. Clin Nutr Res. 2015;4(3):168-174. doi:10.7762/cnr.2015.4.3.168.
- Tanaka J, Kadekaru T, Ogawa K, Hitoe S, Shimoda H, Hara H. Maqui berry (Aristotelia chilensis) and the constituent delphinidin glycoside inhibit photoreceptor cell death induced by visible light. Food Chem. 2013 Aug 15;139(1-4):129-37. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.01.036. Epub 2013 Jan 29. PMID: 23561088.
- Cassidy A, O'Reilly ÉJ, Kay C, Sampson L, Franz M, Forman JP, Curhan G, Rimm EB. Habitual intake of flavonoid subclasses and incident hypertension in adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 Feb;93(2):338-47. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.110.006783. Epub 2010 Nov 24. PMID: 21106916; PMCID: PMC3021426.
- Nishizawa N, Togawa T, Park KO, Sato D, Miyakoshi Y, Inagaki K, Ohmori N, Ito Y, Nagasawa T. Dietary Japanese millet protein ameliorates plasma levels of adiponectin, glucose, and lipids in type 2 diabetic mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009 Feb;73(2):351-60. doi: 10.1271/bbb.80589. Epub 2009 Feb 7. PMID: 19202295.
- Azad MAK, Sarker M, Li T, Yin J. Probiotic Species in the Modulation of Gut Microbiota: An Overview. Biomed Res Int. 2018;2018:9478630. Published 2018 May 8. doi:10.1155/2018/9478630.
Warning: If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
*Information and statements regarding dietary supplements/products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.