EcoPhage: The bacteriophages in Body Ecology’s EcoPhage wipe out pathogens and clean up your gut to restore order and promote a healthy immune system. AND, it hugely supports SIBO, IBS, and UTI recovery, heart and colon health and even lowers cholesterol!
Bifidus: Body Ecology's Bifidus Power Blend has been carefully crafted to feature four probiotic strains of bifidobacteria. Bifidobacteria are native to the gut of a healthy, breastfed baby, but their numbers gradually decline as you age – and not without consequence! These good-for-you bacteria help to tone the gut barrier and cultivate a strong immune system.
Probiotic Protein Shake: This protein shake has the 2-in-1 benefit of helping with weight loss and optimizing your health by attending to the health of your gut with its powerful blend of probiotics and easy-to-digest, fermented protein.”
Bifidus Probiotic Capsules offer reliable gut support, intended for convenient, daily use. Filled with beneficial bacteria, a Bifidus Probiotic Capsule may be used on the spot to relieve gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and stomach pain after a meal. When taken consistently, a daily probiotic capsule that inoculates the gut can help to strengthen immunity. A stronger immune system supported by a healthy gut may help to reduce the risk of infection. Research suggests that taking probiotics may help to naturally lower cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar, relieve a leaky gut, minimize systemic inflammation, and support healthy weight loss.
Access the tabs below to read about the products included in your SIBO Bundle.
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
Not all protein shakes are created equal and Body Ecology’s Probiotic Protein Shake has the 2-in-1 benefit of helping with weight loss and optimizing your health by attending to the health of your gut. At first sip, many have even named this the best tasting protein powder on the market today.
It boasts an impressive line-up of high-quality ingredients designed to help your body achieve maximum performance.
Featuring only the best ingredients as a lean drink, here's what you'll get with every serving of the plant-based Body Ecology Probiotic Protein Shake:
- Organic fermented pea protein and rice protein -- Bioavailable and plant-based for maximum absorption, 15 grams per serving
- Just Thrive™ probiotic power blend -- Diverse, resilient, and beneficial Bacillus bacteria reach the gut with 100% survivability
- All-vegan algae trace minerals and whole algal lipids -- A powerhouse of thyroid-supporting sea minerals and recovery-promoting essential fatty acids
- Jerusalem artichoke flour and Fenujac gum blend -- A dose of high fiber to regulate blood sugar, temper the appetite, and balance cholesterol
- Fermented Green Vegetable Blend: 200 mg of alkalizing, nutrient-dense green vegetables that are fermented to remove oxalates and enhance bioavailability.
The Power Players: Protein And Probiotics
We’ve married protein and probiotics in this tasty shake because your body deserves the best of both worlds from one convenient source.
And with these two influential players on your side, your body’s overall ability to achieve maximum health can only go up - you could be feeling and looking better in as little as 30 days!
Proteins are so important because they help provide structure for the body’s cells, organs, bones, muscles, and connective tissue. The right protein can help:
- Jumpstart your metabolism
- Support and encourage muscle growth
- Promote higher energy levels
- Support healthier organs, skin, and hair
- Slow down the aging process
- Promote restful sleep
Probiotics are needed for healthy gut function which in turn becomes the cornerstone and foundation of strong immunity and a healthy body. The bacillus bacteria in Just Thrive®, can help:
- Seal leaky gut in 30 days7
- Promote healing from serious health conditions
- Reprogram the gut to burn fat3,4
- Bring the body to it’s ideal weight naturally3,4
- Support and boost immunity
- Slow cancer growth 6
But there’s more to it than simply simply adding these 2 components into your diet, and that’s why Body Ecology’s Probiotic Protein Shake is different from other similar products on the market.
The Importance Of High Quality Protein
How’s your current shake holding up to your expectations? Are you experiencing gas and bloating or feeling like it’s not as effective as you had hoped? Unfortunately, this is more common than not when comparing other shakes on the market.
Not with our Probiotic Protein Shake, though.
It’s time you experienced the difference a superior protein can make for your body.
Our shake is entirely plant-based and contains 15 grams of fermented pea and rice protein per serving. Fermented plant protein is pre-digested which takes the strain off your digestive tract and makes it even easier for the body to use.
While the nutrients in other shakes might pass right through your body due to lack of absorption, ours yields maximum absorption and bioavailability, giving your body the resources it needs to heal and thrive.
Additionally, the combination of fermented pea and rice protein provides a complete protein, aka, a complete amino acid profile.
Why do amino acids matter?
They’re the building blocks of protein and play a huge role in promoting muscle growth, fat burning, high energy levels, and better mental clarity - all enormously important factors in maintaining a healthy body and mind.
The Importance Of Fats And Minerals?
The Body Ecology Probiotic Protein Shake is chock-full of healthy lipids too. The shake contains beneficial fats from omega-3 fatty acids, as well as more beneficial protein from "Algavia" whole algal flour. These healthy lipids are supported by our exclusive mineral blend, bioavailable calcium, and trace minerals all sourced from ocean algae.
Fermented greens help to counterbalance the hearty plant proteins in the shake, alongside prebiotic fiber from whole, organic Jerusalem artichokes to feed the good bacterial spores; glucomannan fiber and fenugreek gum to support satiety; and Celtic sea salt as an added source of trace minerals.
Why Our Probiotics Steal The Show
The four Megaspores™ in the Probiotic Protein Shake are the spore-forming microbes Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus clausii, Bacillus coagulans, and Bacillus indicus - all heavy hitting strains that produce critical vitamins in the gut.
They can also communicate with the immune system, suppress immune sensitivities such as allergies, reduce gut inflammation, and even heal a leaky gut within 30 days.7
Ready for some science that will blow your mind?
People’s digestive tracts are either programmed to gain weight easily and retain weight all too well OR to be lean, fat-burning machines. These effects are realized by turning on crucial genes in the digestive tract that control our metabolic fate.
The latest research has shown that the type of bacteria you have in your very own gut controls the amount of calories you extract from the food you eat, the types of food you crave and also what that food is converted to in the digestion process.
Foods consumed, especially carbohydrates, can be converted to compounds that lead to fat storage, gas production, and metabolites that cause inflammation.
The flip side to that coin (and the very good news) is that the right bacteria can convert the very same foods to important compounds that increase increase fat burn, prevent fat storage, reduce inflammation, reduce gas production, and actually improve satiety.
And now for the best news yet…
The current programming in your gut can be changed by using the right probiotic bacteria and feeding those good bacteria with the right types of nutrients.
We’ve got you covered.
Our Probiotic Protein Shake is formulated with bacillus endospores, otherwise known as “gut police”. They get into the gut, read the microbiome and directly eliminate unfavorable and overgrown organisms. At the same time, they produce compounds to help the good bacteria grow.
So, while some of weight loss is dependent upon your actual diet, the big news is that a HUGE part of losing weight and keeping it off is dependent upon your inner ecosystem, and this we can change.
Even with its exceptional nutrient profile, the Body Ecology Probiotic Protein Shake is naturally sweet. Free from added sugars, our Probiotic Protein Shake is sweetened with 100 percent organic flavors and Lakanto Monk Fruit extract that tastes as smooth as sugar. Zero-calorie Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener is good for the waistline, and it's also diabetic-friendly. Lakanto has been proven not to raise blood sugar.9
Most people are surprised to find that the Body Ecology Probiotic Protein Shake doesn't need to be mixed with anything to mask the flavor. It tastes even more delicious in cold water and can also be added to smoothies. Our Probiotic Protein Shake is a satisfying, nutritious choice for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack -- and kids love it. Just shake and go.
Suggestions for Use: To get the best taste and most beneficial results, if you’re on stage 1 of The Body Ecology Diet, mix with 8-10 ounces of water.It’s even more delicious made with crushed ice in a blender. If you’re on stage 2, make your own dairy-free treat. Mix with unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened macadamia milk.*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Moore, D. R., Camera, D. M., Areta, J. L., & Hawley, J. A. (2014). Beyond muscle hypertrophy: why dietary protein is important for endurance athletes 1. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 39(9), 987-997.
- Neacsu, M., Fyfe, C., Horgan, G., & Johnstone, A. M. (2014). Appetite control and biomarkers of satiety with vegetarian (soy) and meat-based high-protein diets for weight loss in obese men: a randomized crossover trial. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 100(2), 548-558.
- Lin HV, Frassetto A, Kowalik Jr EJ, et al. Butyrate and Propionate Protect against Diet-Induced Obesity and Regulate Gut Hormones via Free Fatty Acid Receptor 3-Independent Mechanisms. Brennan L, ed. PLoS ONE. 2012;7(4):e35240. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0035240.
- Zhanguo Gao, Jun Yin, Jin Zhang, Robert E. Ward, Roy J. Martin, Michael Lefevre, William T. Cefalu, and Jianping Ye. Butyrate Increases Energy Expenditure in Mice. DIABETES, VOL. 58, JULY 2009.
- Babault N, Païzis C, Deley G, et al. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2015;12:3. doi:10.1186/s12970-014-0064-5.
- Reuben, Alexandre, Spencer, Christine N., Prieto, Peter A., Gopalakrishnan, Vancheswaran. Genomic and immune heterogeneity are associated with differential responses to therapy in melanoma. npj Genomic Medicine 2, Article number: 10 (2017) doi:10.1038/s41525-017-0013-8.
- The effect of 30-days of probiotic supplementation on post-prandial responses to a high-fat meal: An expanded pilot study. Principal Investigator: Brian K. McFarlin, PhD, FACSM, FTOS, University of North Texas.
- Zhou Y, Zheng Y, Ebersole J, Huang CF. secretion stimulating effects of mogroside V and fruit extract of luo han kuo (Siraitia grosvenori Swingle) fruit extract. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2009 Nov;44(11):1252-7. PubMed PMID: 21351724.
- Selhub EM, Logan AC, Bested AC. Fermented foods, microbiota, and mental health: ancient practice meets nutritional psychiatry. Journal of Physiological Anthropology. 2014;33(1):2. doi:10.1186/1880-6805-33-2.
- Baron M. A patented strain of Bacillus coagulans increased immune response to viral challenge. Postgrad Med. 2009 Mar;121(2):114-8. Doi: 10.3810/pgm.2009.03.1971. PubMed PMID: 19332969.
ECOPHAGE: A METABOLIC SUPERPOWER FOR BENEFICIAL BACTERIA IN YOUR GUT.
What IF there was a product that could — within a few hours or days – literally wipe out the bacteria in your digestive tract that has been causing most of your digestive problems?
Hold onto your hat! Introducing EcoPhage, a new product you’ll absolutely want to add to your health arsenal to support YOUR healthy gut. Our newest “phage product is like a superpower cocktail, aiding everything from digestive health to heart health!
- Supports and Maintains your healthy intestinal tract
- Promotes a healthy immune system and function, to help your body protect against infection naturally
- Supports gut health and gut functions by supporting normal gut microbiota and the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, which naturally limits the growth of other harmful bacteria
- Dissolves biofilms produced by bacteria that make them resistant to antibiotics 1
- Stimulates the colon to maintain healthy microbiota!
- Stimulates the proliferation of beneficial bacteria that comprise a healthy colon!
- Supports a healthy urinary tract
- Supports heart health
- Helps regulate healthy cholesterol levels that are already within normal range
- May relieve occasional stomach discomfort
Anyone who suffers from SIBO or digestive disorders will benefit greatly from this cutting-edge new product, based on years of research and education.
If left untreated, pervasive digestion issues like IBS and SIBO can have devastating effects on your quality of life.
For those navigating SIBO, specifically, it’s important to remember that SIBO is often the sign of a problem... not the problem itself. And to get rid of SIBO, you may need to correct a deeper imbalance.
FACT #1: Bacteriophages, like EcoPhage selectively target specific, harmful bacteria while leaving beneficial microbes to flourish. (This was pioneered in Europe before the advent of antibiotics.)2, 3, 4
FACT #2: Bacteriophages are especially beneficial when used in conjunction with a probiotic, because they act like advanced troops to clear the way for beneficial bacteria to flourish!
FACT #3: Laboratory studies show that when probiotics and phages are used in combination, beneficial bacteria grow to thousands of times their baseline rate.5, 6
EcoPhage is here to help you LIVE BETTER.
(And there is no better investment than your good health and good life.)
- Nale, Dr Janet & Clokie, Martha. (2018). PHAGES AS ANTIBACTERIAL AGENTS: LABORATORY TRAINING IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. 89-93. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327282103_PHAGES_AS_ANTIBACTERIAL_AGENTS_LABORATORY_TRAINING_IN_DEVELOPING_COUNTRIES
- Nale, Dr Janet, Chutia, Mahananda, Carr, Philippa, Timothy Hickenbotham, Peter, Clokie, Martha. 8/22/2016. ‘Get in Early’; Biofilm and Wax Moth (Galleria mellonella) Models Reveal New Insights into the Therapeutic Potential of Clostridium difficile Bacteriophages. Frontiers in Microbiology. VL - 7, DO - 10.3389/fmicb.2016.01383. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2016.01383/full
- Abedon ST, Kuhl SJ, Blasdel BG, et al. Phage treatment of human infections. Bacteriophage. 2011;1(2):66-85.
- Bruynoghe R, and J. Maisin. Essais de thérapeutique au moyen du bacteriophage. C. R. Soc. Biol. .1921;85:1120-1.
- Pelfrene E, Willebrand E, Cavaleiro Sanches A, et al. Bacteriophage therapy: a regulatory perspective. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2016;71(8):2071-4.
- Supplier Internal Study. A Probiotic-Enhancing Prebiotic. Data on File. 2016.
- Supplier Internal Study. Bacteriophage Cocktail Mice Clinical Trials. Data on File. 2016.
- Non GMO
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
Not all probiotics are created equal. Body Ecology's Bifidus Power Blend has been carefully crafted to feature four probiotic strains of bifidobacteria. Bifidobacteria are native to the gut of a healthy, breastfed baby, but their numbers gradually decline as you age – and not without consequence!
An aging gut is at the root of chronic disease and recurring illness.
Good Health Begins at Birth
One month after birth, bifidobacteria dominate a healthy, breastfed baby's gut – making up as much as 91 percent of the microbes that live there. 1 These good-for-you bacteria help to tone the gut barrier and cultivate a strong immune system. But unfortunately, not everyone starts out with a microbial ecosystem ruled by bifidobacteria.
There are a few factors that disrupt a baby's gut:
- Premature birth
- Cesarean section delivery
- Use of baby formula
- Antibiotic use
The bad news is that babies are born via C-section, fed formula, and given antibiotics on the regular. Chances are high that one of these happened in your own life when you were a baby. But at what cost?
While your own story is unique, science illuminates specific trends. For example – during infancy, bifidobacteria turn up the volume on one arm of your immune system, regulating its activity. Without high numbers of good bifidobacteria, your immune system falls out of balance. With this, your risk of inflammation, autoimmune disease, and eczema goes up.2
It turns out that in adults and babies alike, bifidobacteria can curb inflammatory signals that have spun out of control and have led to gastrointestinal distress.3
- Inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn's and ulcerative colitis
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (seen in babies)
Bifidobacteria are able to reduce intestinal permeability and seal a leaky gut.* They take control of the inner ecosystem and push the bad bacteria bullies out. 4
Time Is Not on Your Side
If you were breastfed as a baby, special sugars in breast milk made sure your baby ecosystem was thriving with plenty of bifidobacteria. However, as you move into adulthood, your bifidobacteria decline. Under the right circumstances, this is okay – you want diversity and a healthy mix of microbes. But if a drop in healthy tribes of good bacteria involves antibiotics or a diet filled with processed foods, this can impact your overall immune health.
Remember, bifidobacteria fight inflammation and keep the gut healthy. They're essential in warding off infection and may even protect against the development of disease. This is but one reason why probiotics become increasingly important with each passing year. As you age, a high-quality probiotic like the Bifidus Power Blend can support both your immune system and your digestion.
When the Bifidus Power Blend becomes a regular part of your day, you'll have the support you need to fight off infections and clean up cellular waste. You can rest assured that the Bifidus Power Blend has been expertly formulated to include only the very best probiotic strains for your health.
Trust Your Gut Feeling
As the Principle of Uniqueness reminds us, you know your body, and if you listen close enough, you will intuitively understand what your body needs to function at its best. Relying on this natural "gut feeling" to nurture and improve your health is not to be underestimated. If you have digestive issues, large or small, or if you find yourself dragging through your day more often than you used to, a daily probiotic can help to correct your course.
In our specially formulated Bifidus Power Blend, you'll find:
- Bifidobacterium longum - Research shows that B. longum can reduce cholesterol, promote weight loss, and relieve constipation.5 In older adults, B. longum minimizes flu and cold-like symptoms – such as fatigue, headache, and runny nose.6 In 2011, scientists found that B. longum could reduce anxiety by way of the gut-brain axis.7
- Bifidobacterium bifidum - Like its bifidobacteria friends, B. bifidum reduces markers of inflammation. 8 One study published in 2011 even found that a probiotic containing only B. bifidum was enough to significantly improve signs of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), such as bloating, abdominal pain, and gas. 9Research shows that B. bifidum (along with B. lactis and Lactobacillus acidophilus) can safeguard against eczema when taken in the third trimester of pregnancy.10 And because bifidobacteria levels decrease with age – increasing your risk of infection – researchers found that supplementing with B. bifidum helps to rebuild the inner ecosystem, even after supplementation has ended. 11
- Bifidobacterium breve - In children with constipation, B. breve increases bowel movements, softens stool, and reduces pain related to constipation.12 In animal studies, researchers found that B. breve suppresses weight gain, improving both cholesterol and blood sugar.13 Other research published in 2015 shows that a probiotic blend of Lactobacillus rhamnosous and B. breve might have an anti-inflammatory effect in cigarette smokers.14
- Bifidobacteria infantis - In 2013, researchers looked closely at the impact of B. infantis on inflammatory disorders that manifested within the gut or outside the gut. Patients had been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, or chronic fatigue syndrome. In all cases, B. infantis has the ability to trim down inflammatory markers.15 In those with celiac disease who are still consuming gluten, B. infantis reduces inflammatory markers as well as indigestion, reflux, and constipation.16
- Lactobacillus salivarius - Research from nearly 20 years ago shows that L. salivarius can stop the growth of Helicobacter pylori, the bug responsible for stomach ulcers and stomach pain.17 L. salivarius makes antibacterial proteins that kill disease-causing microbes and gives it a competitive edge in your gut.18 This means that it does good things for your inner ecosystem, pushing out the bad guys and setting up camp for the good. L. salivarius also stimulates a protective immune response in the gut and generates short-chain fatty acids, which are soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Saccharomyces boulardii - S. boulardii is one of the few probiotic yeasts that scientists have studied in the context of type 2 diabetes and obesity.19 In animal studies, researchers found that S. boulardii is able to reduce weight, improve liver damage, and minimize inflammation. It safeguards against diarrhea and is able to break down toxins from pathogenic bacteria, including the anthrax toxin. 20
The importance of a healthy gut, and how gut health can affect all areas of your life, can't be overstated. Grasping this truth — that the gut is the source — can bring about an empowering and often radical change.
"You have control over what is happening in your gut. The microbiome is evolving every minute, and it's easily manipulated," says Donna Gates, gut health pioneer and creator of The Body Ecology Diet. "People have said for a long time that disease begins in the gut. Of course, health begins there as well. That's very important to understand because you can fix your gut, and when you do, then you can radiate health. This is always the first place to start: Fix your gut."
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Grimm, Verena, Christina Westermann, and Christian U. Riedel. "Bifidobacteria-host interactions—an update on colonisation factors." BioMed Research International 2014 (2014).
- Martinez, Fabio Andres Castillo, et al. "Bacteriocin production by Bifidobacterium spp. A review." Biotechnology Advances 31.4 (2013): 482-488.
- Lau, Amy Sie-Yik, Jin-Zhong Xiao, and Min-Tze Liong. "Bifidobacterium for Infants: Essence and Efficacy." Beneficial Microorganisms in Medical and Health Applications. Springer International Publishing, 2015. 39-72.
- Saez-Lara, Maria Jose, et al. "The role of probiotic lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria in the prevention and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and other related diseases: a systematic review of randomized human clinical trials." BioMed Research International 2015 (2015).
- Shin, Hea Soon, et al. "Hypocholesterolemic effect of sonication-killed Bifidobacterium longum isolated from healthy adult Koreans in high cholesterol fed rats." Archives of Pharmacal Research 33.9 (2010): 1425-1431.
- Childs, C. E., et al. "Bifidobacterium longum bv. infantis CCUG 52486 combined with gluco-oligosaccharide significantly reduces the duration of self-reported cold and flu-like symptoms among healthy older adults after seasonal influenza vaccination." Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 72.OCE1 (2013): E10.
- Bercik, P., et al. "The anxiolytic effect of Bifidobacterium longum NCC3001 involves vagal pathways for gut–brain communication." Neurogastroenterology & Motility 23.12 (2011): 1132-1139.
- Spaiser, Samuel J., et al. "Lactobacillus gasseri KS-13, Bifidobacterium bifidum G9-1, and Bifidobacterium longum MM-2 Ingestion Induces a Less Inf